For more articles and information on Covid 19 specifically for U3A members please use this link Covid 19 News and Information
CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 – LATEST INFORMATION FROM THE FRENCH GOVERNMENT https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
Coronovirus – google latest information
Lastest information – France24 News in English
World Heath Organisation – coronovirus information: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
The health emergency was officially rescinded from the 1st August 2022 and the health pass is no longer required. Also from the 1st of February 2023, there is no longer any need to isolate when testing positive for Covid or to ask contacts to test for Covid.
That said, it remains strongly recommended that people who test positive for Covid-19, as well as people who have been exposed to a contagious person and are likely to develop the disease, respect the gestures of hygiene, test if you suspect you have Covid and avoid contact with fragile people.
Wearing of facemasks is no longer obligatory but is still recommended in certain circumstances:
- in closed and crowded places and public transport (metro, train, bus, plane, etc.);
- in large gatherings, including outdoors, for people who are fragile due to their age or their pathologies;
- in the presence of elderly, immunocompromised or chronically ill people;
- for fragile people (elderly or immunocompromised…).
- it is also highly recommended in hospitals and for the elderly .